Vaughens.com - Internet Only Subscription
What are some of the benefits to using Vaughens.com?
With our web site, you can:
Also included with your subscription:
- Use our easy step-by-step method to look up all of the pricing found in our Price Guide, plus your own prices are displayed as well.
- Quickly and accurately prepare professional-looking quotes for all types of repairs. You can even save your quotes and customers to our secure server or to your PC as a PDF file.
- Monitor your repair price versus the price of a new motor or pump. You can choose to be alerted any time your repair price goes over your specified percentage of the new motor or pump price.
- Easily price large motor repairs with additional pricing for large motors up to 10,000 HP AC and 3500 HP DC.
- Easily work up labor and material costs and prices on your screen. Choose between labor and material prices or your shop's price to be sure you're getting the most profit on each job.
- Easily fax a quote to a customer.
- Email a quote to a customer with the simple click of a mouse.
- Use our Quick Motor Prices to print out a Customized Condensed Price List using any percentage of Vaughen's National Average you wish. When costs change and you need to change your multiplier, simply print out another Customized Condensed Price List.
- Use our new Pump Condensed Price Lists with National Average Prices to quote pump repairs for 5 types of pumps. You can even customize the price list for your shop using your shop's percentage of the National Average and billing rate. Plus, our new Checklists will help you be sure to include all the necessary prices in your pump quotes. Quoting pump repairs is now quick and easy just like motors.
- Use Vaughen's Labor & Material Price List Calculator to calculate labor and material prices for motor repairs based on your own costs and markups to make sure your prices are covering your costs and that you are making a fair profit. You can even print out a one page Price List customized for your shop.
- Use our L&M Tools to keep track of monthly changes in copper and scrap prices plus quarterly Material Cost, PPI, and Labor and Material Price List information. Just the information you need to make sure your prices are covering your costs.
- Use our Shop Labor Hour Report to improve shop efficiency. With the click of a button you can print out a report that you can give to each employee so they can see exactly how many hours the tasks they are assigned should take to complete. Improving shop efficiency has never been easier.
- Review hourly cost rate breakdown (only available on VAUGHENS.COM) for the three most common job titles: Winder, Mechanic and Machinist. See how your costs compare to other shops.
- Price comparison by size of shop and profit level (only available on VAUGHENS.COM) is also available to shop owners and managers. See how your prices compare to shops the same size as your shop.
- Performance Measurements for Motor Repair Shops (only available on VAUGHENS.COM) can be found under the Manager's Tools tab. See how other shops monitor business performance in their shop to achieve their goals.
- Use Vaughen's Productivity Guide (only available on VAUGHENS.COM) to improve productivity and cut costs. Our productivity improvement guide is tailored to electric motor repair shops. The Guide contains a step-by-step program including forms you can use to get started improving productivity in your shop right away.
- Use our Better Costing Guide and Excel® worksheet (only available on VAUGHENS.COM) to calculate your break-even cost rates. One subscriber told us this information literally saved his business!
- Use our Value Add and Risk Factors Checklist (only available on VAUGHENS.COM) to make sure your billing rates take into account all the value your shop provides, and all the risks your shop assumes on each job. You can even use the checklist to sell your shop's value added services to customers.
- Use our updated Wage and Benefit Guide (only available on VAUGHENS.COM) to see if your wages and benefits are truly competitive. Helps you attract and keep good employees. Plus, use our "True Cost of an Employee" worksheet to detail each employee's total Wage & Benefit Package.
- Display Regional, State, and City average rewind prices so you can see what the competition is charging!
- See what other shops pay rewind technicians, and check out average billing rates for your area.
- Easily view Canadian National Average prices to make sure your quotes are competitive.
- International subscribers can now use our Metric Pricing tab to look up pricing for 50 Hertz IEC motors by KW. Now everyone in your shop can easily price repairs using Vaughens.com. Plus we provide a Metric Condensed Price List that displays rewind prices by KW and RPM for typical 50 Hertz metric motors from .75 to 370 KW. "Extras" prices are displayed by metric frame size. Plus, the price list can be printed at any percentage of the USA National Average Price and easily adjusted for your country.
- Toll-Free Telephone Hotline Assistance - Call us toll-free for help with any of your tough pricing problems.
- Our handy Pocket Pricing Pal - A mini guide containing the most commonly quoted prices from our book. Take it with you wherever you go and save time every day!